"I continue to be an active runner, a passion that started as a child completing many long runs with my father and my uncle - both established marathon runners. The reason I have enjoyed such longevity in the sport I love - consistency and always having a great team around me." - Coach Rob
As Coach for De Novo Coaching, I bring over 28 years of distance running experience into my coaching activities. I work with individuals and groups to design tailored training programs to fit around any schedule, and to deliver dynamic workouts to help meet your objectives. Running already is, or can become, an important part of your life. But striking the balance between running and other aspects of your daily routine is where I can help - by integrating running into your life rather than allowing it to dictate your life!
My training philosophy is drawn from fundamentals of training: consistency, quality workouts at the right time, and progression at a rate to limit the risks of injury - all delivered in a dynamic way, blending both tried and tested tools from the modern coaching era with my own proven methodologies.
Experience & Roles
- Founder & Owner of De Novo Coaching, providing private Running Coaching
- Founding member of De Novo Harriers, non-profit running club
- Athletics Coach for Special Olympics Derbyshire (UK)
- Special Olympics Great Britain - Competition & Coach Advisor - Athletics
- Coach for North Jersey Masters Track & Field Club (US)
- Distance Coach for Special Olympics New Jersey athletes
- Athletics Coach for Team New Jersey (Special Olympics 2014 USA Games)
- Team Leader for University of Sheffield Cross Country Team (UK)
- Member of Rotherham Harriers & Athletic Club (UK)
- UK Athletics - Level 2 Endurance Coach (all distance events)
- UK Athletics - Coach In Running Fitness (road, trail, fell, cross country running)
- UK Athletics - Coach Coaching Assistant (all track and field events)
- Road Runners Club of America - Certified Coach (road running)
- USATF - Level 1 Coach (all track and field events)
- Registered Coach through the NFHS (National Federation of High Schools) & USATF
- Registered Special Olympics Coach
- First Aid & CPR Certified by the American Heart Association
Half Marathon 77:16
Double Marathon 5:20:21
Copyright © 2016 De Novo Coaching, LLC. All Rights Reserved.